If you’re looking for a more low-key way to ring in Halloween, then enjoy a festive, color-coordinated pasta dish at home; with Filotea you can create a simple and cool meal that everybody will appreciate. Here we have a recipe that you can use for animate you super Halloween evening!
…Pasta Filotea or Treat?
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 lb. black linguine or spaghetti (squid or cuttlefish ink pasta
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 orange bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces 2
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakesmezo
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F with rack in middle.
Toss squash and bell peppers with garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, oil, and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper in a 17- by 11-inch 4-sided sheet pan .
Roast, stirring once, until vegetables are just tender and browned in spots, 25 to 35 minutes
While vegetables finish roasting, cook linguine in a pasta pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente.
Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
Remove sheet pan from oven and pour reserved water over vegetables, stirring to loosen from pan.
Stir in olives, then add vegetable mixture to pasta in pot and toss to combine.